A reading challenge that might tie in to a New Year’s resolution… but hopefully it will be way more fun than that.
Here’s the deal:
Choose one word you want to focus on during 2010—your “theme” for the year.
Usually it will be a word related to improving one’s life—words such as happiness, balance, simplicity, creativity, abundance, serenity… or come up with your own!
Then—read books related to that word.
Choose your level of participation:
THEME THING: Read 5 books related to your theme—at least 1 fiction and 1 nonfiction.
THEME MANIA: Read 7 books related to your theme—at least 2 fiction and 2 nonfiction.
THEME SUPREME: Read 10 books related to your theme—at least 3 fiction and 3 nonfiction.
1. The challenge runs from January 1 – December 31, 2010.
2. Participants may join anytime before December 31.
3. Re-reads and overlaps with other challenges are fine.
4. Audiobooks count!
5. No need to list your books beforehand, and no need to write reviews.
6. Create an intro post linking to this blog.
7. Then sign up here via Mr. Linky (below), using your intro post’s address. Please use this style: blog name (theme word); e.g., Unruly Reader (balance)
8. Add a Comment to this post, telling us your theme word and your level of participation.
The graphic is yours to lift to use on your site—go ahead and steal that thing!
Have a super time!