Once upon a time, this here person would stay up till 4 a.m. reading like it was no big deal.
Of course, this here person was only in high school and college when that type of behavior was happening.
Now, as a crunky older thing, it just don’t happen like that no more.
So it is.
So I’m taking my slippered and pre-pajama’d self off to sleep.
Here’s what happened this fine Read-a-Thon day/night:
Number of books read: 4
Here they are:
1. Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach (nonfiction)
2. Shoeless Joe by W. P. Kinsella (fiction)
3. Rawhide Down: The Near Assassination of Ronald Reagan by Del Quentin Wilber (nonfiction)
4. Goody Hall by Natalie Babbitt (children’s fiction)
Total pages read: 927 (shameful — only 3 digits)
Number of hours of reading: 11
Things I should do again next time:
– Choose short books — none over 350 pages.
– Alternate between fiction and nonfiction.
– Save a children’s book for last.
– I did the usual Read-a-Thon thing and ate my way through the day with abandon. All this sitting around really stirs up the appetite, you know?
Threw in the towel at: Hour 20 (the 2 a.m. hour)
Good night/good morning, all. Hope you all had a great Read-a-Thon!