1. What are you reading right now?
I’m between books at the moment. And I have 2 possibilities at hand…
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Answering this question is tricky. Last time I was all excited about a book that I wasn’t in the mood for by the end of the Read-a-Thon. Maybe Talking about Detective Fiction by P.D. James.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope. Just put it on the schedule months ago.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The sheer decadence of it. I feel like I’m on vacation.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Line up more books. Even though I started with a bunch, usually I need at least 30 books to choose from.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes, but I’m revived since removing my contacts.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
The best tip I heard was: Include a children’s or young adult book. I second that! I also recommend some flexibility — if the phone or doorbell rings, answer it!