Raise your hand if you…
- read everywhere, including places considered inappropriate
- can’t rest until you identify the book someone else is reading in public
May is National Get Caught Reading Month, which, even though it always reminds me of #ireadeverywhere, is actually about inspiring children to read.
I love that it’s celebrated in May, right before kids head into summertime — where reading can help prevent the summer slide.
(Public library kudos: those summer reading programs are key. And free!)
And meanwhile, we all — even us grown-ups — can get caught reading.
So, in honor of Get Caught Reading Month, here are some suggested goals for May:
- Give your favorite children a book they’ll love
- Read in public
- Observe other people reading in public (I adore the Underground New York Public Library)
- Post a photo of yourself reading somewhere weird, and use the hashtag #ireadeverywhere
What are your plans for Get Caught Reading Month?