From Read-a-Thon Central, here’s the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now? This Is Just Exactly Like You by Drew Perry
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The Last Illusion by Rhys Bowen
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? thankfully, no
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? very few — I announced my intentions far and wide!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? the joy of it, and that it feels like decadence to do something normal around the house — like I’m breaking the rules if I wash the dishes!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? none so far
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I’d pre-read the first page of books in my to-be-read pile to make sure there were no duds
9. Are you getting tired yet? not one bit! (lie; my eyes were a little tired earlier, but I’ve recovered)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? pacing myself — reading others’ blogs when I feel like taking a break from the books