It’s Audiobook Month, my friends!
Anyone out there a compulsive audiobook listener who gets twitchy when there are only 2 discs left, and you don’t have the next audiobook queued up yet?
So here’s some help.
This year, I’m focusing on great audiobooks narrated by their author.
Sometimes, when the author reads the audiobook, it ain’t good.
But sometimes, it’s perfection.
Here are some of the happier cases.
If you’re in the mood for…
- Celebrity… try Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Personal essays… try This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
- Literary essays… try The View from the Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman
- Inspiration… try Find a Way by Diana Nyad
- Something literary… try God Help the Child by Toni Morrison
- Laughing out loud… try In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
And now I’m wondering… what author-narrated audiobooks would you add to this list?