Anyone have a book bag hoarding problem? [raises hand]
I get happy — and I mean seriously happy — whenever I get to carry books in a tote. For a quick fix of pure joy, there are truly very few ways to top it.
Here are some of my most joy-inducing tote bags…
This bag is my newest and a favorite, because:
- Swedish ribbon
- That eye-popping happy red!
- Large enough to hold several books OR my laptop and a couple of books
- From one of the cutest shops I’ve ever visited — I wanted to buy about 20 things there
Source: The Big Lake, Grand Marais, MN
She blinded me with library science tote
Powell's Books tote
The Dear Man’s sister brought me back this bag, and an adorable set of book store postcards, after a visit to Portland. What I like about this one:
- So bookish!
- Sturdy — it’s made of heavyweight denim
- Happy — that yellow umbrella!
Source: Powell’s Books, courtesy of the Dear Man’s sister
My best friend tote
The Dear Man’s aunt gave me this book, which has become my book-toting workhouse over the past few years. What I love about it:
- Large capacity, due to the bottom gusset — you can really pack the books in this tote
- The quotes… oh my goodness, the quotes:
- My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read. –Abraham Lincoln
- When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. –Erasmus
Source: unknown; gift from the Dear Man’s aunt
Monogrammed bookshelf tote
My mom had this bag monogrammed for me, and every time I use it — or even see it — I’m filled with love for her. This thing’s a tangible reminder of all she gave me and how she loved me just as I am. Beyond those obvious reasons, I also adore these things about this tote:
- So bookish!
- Bottom gusset greatly expands its capacity to haul lots of books
- Handles are long enough that I can carry it on my shoulder comfortably
Source: unknown; gift from my mom
Anyone else here a book bag lover and hoarder? (I know you’re out there…)
Also… how do you define perfection in a tote?