So things have gotten a little bit weird in this world of ours. It’s scary and strange, and I hope dearly that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
These days, COVID-19 concerns have us sheltering in place, and it’s all got an eerie dystopian feeling about it.
But our family is blessed with good health for our loved ones and ourselves, and I’m so grateful for that. And we’re fortunate to be able to work from home. And yet, there are worries and concerns, because this thing ain’t over yet.
What are you doing that’s helping you through this?
For me, it’s…
- Sheltering with the Dear Man and our goofy cat
- Long conversations with my inner circle
- Being able to work & having plenty of work to do
- Seeing so many people being their best selves — it does the heart good
- Essential oils (the soothing blend and the allergy blend and sometimes the Christmas season blend)
- The light therapy lamp
- Evening walks through our neighborhood (greeting the neighbors as we skirt one another at a wide distance)
- Reading comfort books before sleep (The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King — because really, how stressed out can a person be when reading about Mister Rogers? And also reading Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb, which is so riveting that I understand why it showed up on so many people’s Best of 2019 lists)
Frequent planking (you can just throw yourself down on the floor and plank anytime you want to, when you’re working from home and wearing athleisure — and I gotta say, it helps with stress)
- Sparkle lights
- Daily counting of blessings
How are you coping with this new situation? And please let me know: are you and your family safe and well?