Book Bingo 2017… revealed!Big thanks to my co-conspirators:
- To my dear friend for the bingo planning get-togethers and for the fun of talking books all year long
- To the Dear Man for suggesting and designing the Wild West bingo card. You always make us look good!
How to Play
- Read a book that fits the category. Each book can qualify for only one category.
- Complete just one row or column, or go for blackout by reading a book in every category.
- All books must be finished in 2017. Books started in 2016 but finished in 2017 count.
provided some definitions, but you can free-style it if you like—as
long as you can make a case that the book fits the category.
- All categories can be fiction or nonfiction (your choice), unless otherwise specified.
About the Categories
Nonfiction books about why we do the things we do
A book about person who lives by his/her own code
Doom and Gloom
When things go terribly wrong
Something you shouldn’t like, but you like it anyway
Water is a key element of the story, whether it be setting, activity, or natural phenomenon
A book about Native Americans, First Nations, the Inuit, or Aborigines
A transformative experience or a literal journey
A Book I Own
Read something from your own shelf
Literary, scholarly, or classic
Written by Baby Boomers, for Baby Boomers
Where I Grew Up
A book set in a place where you spent your childhood
A book about someone breaking free—either literally or metaphorically—or a book that is a true escape for you as a reader
A book you need to read
Exploring the creative process
A book with an Asian author, character, or setting
Library of Congress Fiction Prize
A book written by an author who won this honor
A book you found at a bookstore
The title doesn’t fit the book. Or the book sounds good, but you hate the title.
A book about a job or workplace. Or a book that helps you become better at your work
Pick your century, then find a book written in the midst of that century, that has a progressive or modern outlook
Author’s Name Begins With M
The author’s first or last name begins with the letter “M”
Best in Class
One of the best examples of its genre
A book about, or set in, the natural world
A trending book or author, a steamy romance, or a book set in a hot climate
Up in the Air
Planes, planets, astronauts, birds, pollution, clouds, uncertainty, uprootedness — anything that’s up in the air
Join the fun!