We’re barreling into the 3rd quarter of the year, my friends, and some of us have some serious work yet to do on our goals. At least, that’s the case here. But! There’s also been some decent progress. Here’s what’s happened since the previous 19 for 2019 update.
Accomplished since the previous update
Learn Instagram Stories
I watched some online instructional videos and then tested a few different Instagram Stories techniques. I’m still figuring it out, but so far I’ve posted some polls, a before & after sequence, and a quiz.
Spend some serious quality time with our sisters
We spent a wonderful weekend hanging out with my sister and her family (and laughed so much), and we traveled with the Dear Man’s sister and her husband to Newfoundland. Quality time with quality humans, all of it.
Style our kitchen island seasonally
We upped our autumn game this year, so I can say with confidence: we’ve got all four seasons well in hand.
Write a series of blog posts
Go on at least 3 history geek trips with the Dear Man
We’ve visited St. Louis, Pittsburgh, and Mackinac Island — and dug into the history of each place.
Have dinner twice monthly with a good friend
Except for September (which was so weird, schedule-wise, for both of us), my friend and I have met for dinner twice monthly like clockwork. It’s one of my deepest sources of happiness.
Do at least 3 of the activities in This Is Where You Belong
OK, I gotta say: I’m rockin’ this one. Here are a mere 3 of the many activities I’ve done:
- Walked to work & walked to a local restaurant
- Walked to the farmers market and bought local produce (corn!)
- Attended a lecture at a local venue
Maximize the use of our Instant Pot
We’re heading back into Instant Pot season, because soon it’ll be all about soup at our house. We’re both a couple of soup fiends, and throughout the chilly months, we’ll resume our soup-making ways.
The items that remain to be completed
- Learn & use 12 new techniques on the blog
- I’ve done 8 new things so far, so I’m on track…
- Find out if my vintage typewriter actually works… and if so, use it
- I’m weirdly blocked on this one, even though a friend helped me identify some sources of information. Gotta get a move on.
- Actually go through all those boxes in the basement
- There are maybe 8 of them; I’ve gone through 2. I’m promising myself this’ll be a cold weather project. I could crank through it in a weekend… but will I?
- Fix formatting on all blog posts
- I’ve done this only piecemeal — when I’m linking to a previous post, I reformat it on the fly. I’m thinking this would require more time than I’m willing to give it. Stay tuned.
- Go on a field trip with a good friend
- We’ve put a date on the calendar, and we’ll be discussing what we’ll do that day.
So, anyone else as far behind as I am? Do you have goals for 2019 that you’ve met — or still wish to accomplish?