One of my weekly treats is listening to the Happier with Gretchen Rubin podcast.
In episode 149, Gretchen and her co-host (and sister) Elizabeth Craft introduced the concept of 18 for 2018 — a list of things to accomplish this year.
The list can contain whatever a person wants — big things or little, easy or difficult, simple or multi-phased.
I love goal-setting, I love lists, I love this concept.
So I wrote me a list.
Completed items: they’re in italics. And yes, as of the date of this posting, I’ve already ziplined.
Here are my 18 for 2018…
- Call each old friend on a regular basis
- Buy typewriter key jewelry
- Go on southern vacation with the Dear Man and Younger Sister
- Go on northern vacation with the Dear Man and Older Sister
- Roast vegetables once a month
- Burn a candle when writing
- Buy fresh flowers & watch a YouTube video to figure out how to arrange them
- Invite friends for dinner
- Begin meditating
- Memorize 5 quotes
- Visit 3 history geek places
- Bake 2 family recipes
- Replace long wool coat
- Buy warm winter coat & boots
- Remind myself to slow down once per day
- Complete 2 of the 3: Book Bingo, Read Harder, and Modern Mrs Darcy reading challenges
- Paddle board a second time
So, how about you? Any lists of goals for the year?