While I was all busy with moving plans these past few months, I neglected my 18 for 2018 list like nobody’s business. And now it’s time to get back on track. Today we’re taking a look at the rather paltry Q3 progress…
During the past few months, I’ve accomplished four of the things on the list:
Call old friends on a regular basis
Because sometimes I’ll do things I want to do only if those things are scheduled (this frustrates me about myself), I set up a reminder in Google Calendar to prompt me when it’s time to call a faraway friend. Then I actually call. And it’s making my life a better, richer thing.
Burn a candle when writing
I’m literally doing this one as I type this post. I lit a candle in the middle of the kitchen island, where I sit with the laptop, and it’s a pretty dreamy scene.
Buy fresh flowers & watch a YouTube video to figure out how to arrange them
I watched this video, bought some flowers, and arranged them. I was feeling all satisfied with my work after two successful attempts. And then I attempted to blend two bunches of flowers I bought at Trader Joe’s, and I couldn’t get them right. We’re going back to the basics, my friends…
Do a deep decluttering of my house
So did I mention that we moved?
It’s only completely dominated my free moments the past few months. And for all those months, I was decluttering like a wild thing. And then, at the last moment, right before the moving van arrived, I pitched a whole bunch more stuff. And post-move, we went through a week of making daily Goodwill deliveries. Now we’re down to twice-a-week Goodwill drop-offs. And we’ve got miles to go…
So here’s the updated list, with the items I’ve accomplished in italics. All those things in normal font? I gotta get at it!
- Call old friends on a regular basis
- Buy typewriter key jewelry
- Go on southern vacation with the Dear Man and Younger Sister
- Go on northern vacation with the Dear Man and Older Sister
- Roast vegetables once a month
- Burn a candle when writing
- Buy fresh flowers & watch a YouTube video to figure out how to arrange them
- Invite friends for dinner
- Begin meditating
- Memorize 5 quotes
- Visit 3 history geek places
- Replace long wool coat
- Bake 2 family recipes
- Buy warm winter coat & boots
- Remind myself to slow down once per day
- Complete 2 of the 3: Book Bingo, Read Harder, and Modern Mrs Darcy reading challenges
- Do a deep decluttering of my house
Will I make it? Stay tuned…
Anyone have any advice for me on how to knock any of those remaining items off the list? I’ll gladly hear anything you got!