Early in the year, I set up 18 goals — some big, some small — for 2018.
And then I started pickin’ ’em off…
And then completing the list wasn’t looking likely during the Fall Update, but I pulled it off in the end.
Here’s the account of the final 3 items on the list…
Buy typewriter key jewelry
Way earlier in the year, when I was trapped someplace with only my phone at hand, I scouted out some sources for typewriter key jewelry. And then I sat on it for months, because busy. So in mid-December, I re-did the search cuz the clock was ticking. And while I’d love to be able to wear a bracelet of typewriter keys, I just can’t do bracelets. (They get in my way!) So I went for the necklace. This one.
Memorize five quotes
Done! (I’d share them, but they’re for myself alone*)
Invite friends for dinner
I’m a nervous chef who performs best without pressure.
And dinner guests = pressure.
Plus, lots of us are tricky to feed (special diets, specialized palate, restrictions, all that stuff).
So I’m calling this good: we invited the Dear Man’s Dear Sister and Dear Brother-in-Law (who definitely are our friends), and we ordered a pizza from a local place that makes deep dish pizzas that one cooks at home. So:
Applying heat to dinner CHECK
Serving said dinner to said friends CHECK
Stick a fork in it: it’s done!
Here’s the full (completed!) list of my 18 for 2018…
- Call old friends on a regular basis
- Buy typewriter key jewelry
- Go on southern vacation with the Dear Man and Younger Sister
- Go on northern vacation with the Dear Man and Older Sister
- Roast vegetables once a month
- Burn a candle when writing
- Buy fresh flowers & watch a YouTube video to figure out how to arrange them
- Invite friends for dinner
- Begin meditating
- Memorize 5 quotes
- Visit 3 history geek places
- Replace long wool coat
- Bake 2 family recipes
- Buy warm winter coat & boots
- Remind myself to slow down once per day
- Complete 2 of the 3: Book Bingo, Read Harder, and Modern Mrs Darcy reading challenges
- Do a deep decluttering of my house
And now it’s on to planning my 19 for 2019…
What’re your favorite accomplishments of the year?
*Not true: The Dear Man knows what they are